DESCRIPTION AND USE
MULTICOAT SCRATCH KOTE 2000 is a super bonding Synthetic Resin modified cementitious coating which forms a hard, rough textured base coat, securely bonding to a properly prepared pool, spa or pond substrate. MULTICOAT SCRATCH KOTE 2000 provides an ideal surface to which new pool plaster will firmly bond by both mechanical and chemical means. It is similar to gunite in both appearance and function.
- Minimum Down Time
- Substantially Reduces Labor and Equipment Costs
- Eliminates Excessive Substrate Preparation. No Need for Chip-Outs or Axing.
- Even Suction While Plastering - Smoother Plaster Finish
- Substantial Savings on Plaster (Marcite) Materials
- Virtually Eliminates "Pop Outs"
- Trim Tile, New or Old, Can be Placed on Steps and Seats During SCRATCH KOTE Application
SEE TEST DATA
- Check and completely remove all hollows and loose areas with picks and hammers.
- Chip out minimum 2 inches below tile line and around all water inlets, return lines and light fixtures.
- Sandblast or waterblast with sand injector (3,500 psi minimum) to remove all rust, algae, copper sulfate, soft flaky plaster, paint and other foreign materials.
- Recheck for hollows, loose and flaky areas, Soft flaky areas must be removed before SCRATCH KOTE 2000 is applied.
- Wash thoroughly with waterblaster and dry all areas to touch before proceeding.
MULTICOAT SCRATCH KOTE 2000 is furnished in 65 lb. bags and field mixed with potable (clean) water in the approximate amount of 1 ?- 2 gallons per bag, preferably with a special MULTICOAT Mixing Paddle. (More water may be needed depending upon ambient temperature.
Mix vigorously to disperse all lumps and to thoroughly wet all particles. Suggest 1 - 1?minutes after all dry material added. Use margin trowel to clear vessel walls. For best results let Scratch Kote stand in bucket for 3-5 minutes then add a small amount of water to rebreak material. This will give the material additional pot life.
Check for consistency by applying to a prepared vertical pool wall with 1?quot; nap roller. Applied material should not peak or slump. If too thick small clumps will come away with roller. Add small amount of water, remix and retest. If material slumps add solids, remix and retest.
Apply with 1?quot; nap roller or spray to entire prepared surface.
ALLOW TO CURE FOR A MINIMUM OF 24 HOURS BEFORE APPLYING POOL PLASTER - LONGER IN COOL WEATHER OR INDOOR APPLICATIONS - 48 to 72 HOURS IS IDEAL.
Each 65 lb bag as described under "APPLICATION" will cover approximately 175-200 sq. ft. Coverage will vary depending on porosity and condition of substrate
Do not apply when substrate temperature is below, when ambient temperature is below 50°F and falling, above 100°F and rising, or if precipitation is expected within a 24 hour period.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE
SCRATCH KOTE 2000 - furnished in 65 lb bags.
Store in dry area at 40?- 90°F.
Shelf life is approximately 9 months in unopened bags.
Materials are guaranteed with respect to uniformity and quality within manufacturers?specifications. Seller makes no other warranty, expressed or implied, regarding the use of its products. Since use of the product is beyond the Seller's control, the Buyer assumes all risks of use. Seller's sole obligation shall be to replace material if found to be defective. Seller shall not be liable for any damages, injury, loss, direct or indirect or consequential, resulting from use of its products.
Limited warranty available to experienced MULTICOAT Certified Applicators